- We now have a Referral Program to read the Splendid Edition of Synthetic Work for free. Potentially.
- The World Economic Forum published its Future of Jobs Report 2023.
- IBM CEO says “I could easily see 7,800 jobs replaced by AI and automation over a five-year period.”
- Chegg Inc. share price crashed from $17.60 (close) to $8.80 (low) after the CEO said that ChatGPT is having an impact on their new customer growth rate during the earnings call.
- The CEO of TurnItIn says that thanks to AI, in 18 months, he will only need 20% of the few hundred engineers he’s employing now. And that he’ll hire them from high school.
- Yuval Noah Harari told The Telegraph that our economic system sees millions of people as completely useless.
- The godfather of artificial intelligence, Geoffrey Hinton, resigned from a post at Google he held for more than a decade so that he could openly talk about the risks of AI without damaging the company.
- New academic research shows that patients prefer the interaction with ChatGPT to the one with doctors.
- Bing AI can be used to hide our inadequacy on Twitter, LinkedIn, and any other online community.
P.s.: This week’s Splendid Edition of Synthetic Work is titled Personalized Ads and Personalized Tutors.
It covers what Khan Academy, UC San Diego Health, UW Health, WPP, VentureBeat, and King (the maker of Candy Crush are using AI for. It also reviews the new GrammarlyGO, and shows you how to use the step-by-step prompting technique.