- The Japanese bank Mizuho has decided to give access to generative AI tools to 45,000 workers.
- The members of the Directors Guild of America (DGA) have agreed on a new contract, and there’s a provision about AI.
- Voice actors discovering that their voices, and their jobs, are being replaced by AI.
- GroupM estimates that AI is likely to be involved with at least half of all advertising revenue by the end of 2023.
- Top UK universities are changing their mind (and their code of conduct) about the use of generative AI.
- The two Levidow, Levidow & Oberman lawyers who cited fake ChatGPT-generated legal research in a personal-injury case get fined.
P.s.: This week’s Splendid Edition of Synthetic Work is titled When you are uncertain about triggering WWIII or not, ask ChatGPT.
In it, you’ll read what Bridgewater Associates, McCann Worldgroup, Insilico Medicine, and the US Air Force are doing with AI.