- Using Google Search is a horrifying experience compared to asking questions to GPT-4. OpenAI will fix it soon.
- AI-related legal cases are on the rise. There never was a better time to become a robo-lawyer.
- Critics of the FLI open letter: “You are being ridiculous. It’s just math”. So let’s hear from somebody that actually knows math.
- Goldman Sachs: “Don’t look now, but 300MM jobs need a bit of reskilling.”
- Once upon a time, people could be hired to do calculations and their job title was “Computer.”
- The demand for AI skills is raising in every industry of the economy. Thankfully, you read Synthetic Work.
- When an AI uses emojis to reply to you, it’s not cute. It’s manipulative.
- Soon, you’ll be able to lie more than usual during dates and job interviews. Happy?
P.s.: This week’s Splendid Edition of Synthetic Work is titled How Not to Do Product Reviews. It was supposed to be a review of the AI-centric products that I use on a daily basis, but things went horribly wrong and the article derailed and I ended up talking about product strategy, competitive landscapes, and business models. Hence the title.
This is the Free Edition of the newsletter and, well, it's free to receive in your inbox every week. But to access this online archive, you need a paid membership.
Read a sample of the Free Edition
Subscribe* or Sign in