- “Prompt Engineer” is now a profession, and it pays more than yours
- “Fact-checker” is now a profession, too, but it pays absolutely nothing. Discuss.
- One-third of business leaders interviewed (in a questionable survey) say that the adoption of ChatGPT will definitely lead to layoffs by end of 2023
- Consensus is that people mastering AI will displace people not mastering AI
- Which leads to students having a crisis about what to study next and if it’s worth it
- Even famous developers have their spider senses tingling
- Meanwhile, recruiters have started a despicable thing called automated video interviews
- So, for your next job, you might end up being interviewed by Morgan Freeman (it’s not a good thing)
Not every Splendid Edition will be an in-depth review of what’s happening in a specific industry. Sometimes, we’ll have to look at what’s happening across them to gain the right perspective.
This week, it’s time to take a look at the job market.
If you know somebody that is looking for a job or somebody that is hiring, you might want to forward this newsletter to them.
Or not. You paid for it. Be selfish. It’s your precious.
To access this online archive, you need a paid membership.
Read a sample of the Splendid Edition
Subscribe* or Sign in
If, after signing in, you still can't read this post, it's possible that your current membership level doesn't include access to the Splendid Edition archive. Please double-check.